Monday, March 12, 2012

It'll be done when it's done...

As a result of moving out into the country we have to contract with a private vendor to supply water, in this case, Lake Livingston Water.

Yesterday, while K3 was home on spring break from Texas Tech with two of her buddies from our old neighborhood, I noticed that our water pressure was very low.  Assuming it was the filter in the water softener system that just needed to be changed out I turned off the water, changed the filter, turned the water back on and strolled inside.

No water.

I double checked everything that I had done, and then called my new friends at Lake Livingston Water.  Their voice mail advised that they were closed on Sunday...and Monday.  The robot voice bade me "hit 5" and be transferred to their answering service.

Thus connected I told the girl (who sounded about 15) what our issue was, and asked if there were any problems.  We got about 4 inches of rain at our house yesterday, so I thought there might have been ensuing water technical difficulties.

The lady who I talked to said that yes, there were some problems in the line but they were working to fix it.  Assuming that progress was being made I hung up.

With still no water at 10:30 last night I called again, and talked to the same lady.  She was very nice, but didn't have any new information to give me, aside from an estimate that it would be around five this morning before repairs were completed.

Very good...progress is being made.

This morning I got up and around about 7:30...no water.  I called them again, talked to the same lady (who by now has been on duty since at least 6:00 last night), and despite my best efforts, I'm afraid that I was a bit testy.

The conversation went something along the lines of...

Me:  Hi, I'm calling from Emerald Bay; will we get any water today?
Her:  Well, it's a four inch line that busted (her word- busted)  out by the lake, and they are working on it right now.
Me:  Any idea when it will be fixed?
Her:  When they are done fixing it.
Me:  OK, but do you have any idea when that might be?
Her:  When it's fixed.

Well, then...that's all I need to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment