Saturday, December 17, 2011

Thanks to Snooki I will neither be fired up, nor blasted

I was struggling for a post this morning, after Kid 2 threatened to "fire me up and put me on blast" for not posting anything yesterday. I am not completely sure what all that means, but I know it is bad. However, the firing and blasting was fortunately postponed. This morning I was watching the news here in the Arlington area, and was surprised to see that this Snooki person had visited Lewisville, Texas this week. This wasn't didn't really bother me, seeing as Lewisville is somewhat north of Dallas, a fair distance from me, and I rarely venture out that way, preferring to stay out of that side of the Metroplex. Snooki was apparently, from what I gathered, in the area to promote some sort of tanning/body spray. I was just casually watching the story, waiting for the broadcast to get around some real news (the war in Iraq/Afghanistan, the Republican presidential debacle, state high school football playoffs, etc), but since I was watching the local Fox outlet, Snooki is what passed for news this morning. Anyway, like I said, I was only casually interested until the story switched to an interview of some lady, conducted on the location of Snooki's visit. I was jolted to absolute fascination when this lady mentioned that Snooki was such a good role model for the kids. I was certain that I had misheard that, but she chattered on for what seemed like an entire minute on the positive role model that Snooki is for today's youth. I have to be missing something. From what I can tell, the Snookster may be a role model for orange-hued public drunkenness, but so far as I know that is the extent of her contribution to society. If any of my three girls ever claim her as a role model I reserve the right to run amok.

No comments:

Post a Comment