Monday, December 5, 2011

To set the stage...

I have been married to the same wonderful woman for the past 25 years (high school sweethearts!), henceforth called Loving Wife (LW). I lucked out finding her. I am a firm believer that a marriage really only works if the man marries "up." Not monetarily, but a woman who's a better person that he is. She keeps him from evil companions and shady dealings. She keeps him, as my daughters say, "on the path of righteousness."

We have been blessed with three happy, healthy, beautiful daughters, each separated by three years. Kid 1 (K1) is a middle school band director in a little town in East Texas, where she tolerates no slackers. K2 is going to be a senior at Sam Houston State in Huntsville, Texas. K3 is a freshman at Texas Tech, but will be transferring to Sam Houston State this spring.

Living with LW and K's 1-3 has given me recurring opportunities to observe and to try to understand what makes girls tick. In this I have failed. I remain as cluless about this now as I was growing up with two sisters.

More to come...

1 comment:

  1. well this nefarious and evil companion has caught up to you!! lol

    ReplyDelete